Brush lettering is a relaxed modern style of writing, using a soft paintbrush and ink to create beautiful letterforms.
Combining Edlyl’s knowledge of Modern calligraphy and experience in writing she will show you how to master brush lettering along with embracing your own handwriting.
- During the workshop, there will be various exercises that will familiarise you with making shapes and contrasting brush strokes using a paintbrush and ink. You will be shown the basic techniques to form uppercase and lowercase letters, followed by tips on how to create flourished letterforms and finally build your words.
- A personalised kit will be provided and it will be sent to you. The kit includes a paintbrush perfect for this style of lettering, a pot of ink, practice sheets, high-quality paper, and watercolour paper.
- This workshop also includes a bonus creative lettering workshop where you will learn how to use your new style of writing and write on other surfaces other than paper. A Posca will be provided in your kit!
- The workshop videos will be available through a private Facebook group or can be sent to you directly so you can access the workshop whenever you want to.
- By the end of the workshop, you should be able to create your very own print or even better, be confident to write on other surfaces using creative lettering!